Composite Fillings in Southfield, MI
Harmful bacteria on the tooth can lead to decay. Dr. Morin and Dr. McGettrick can remove the decay and fill the area. Fillings can also be used to repair cracked or broken teeth and teeth that have been worn down. Tooth colored fillings are made of tooth colored, composite resin. This protects the tooth from infection and further decay.
When decay is left untreated, it can worsen, causing further infection and even more severe pain. The infected tooth may eventually require a root canal or extraction.
Placing a Composite Resin Dental Filling
- The tooth is isolated from saliva to keep it dry.
- An air abrasion is used to remove the infected part of the tooth.
- The composite resin is placed in layers over the opening.
- A special light is used to harden each layer of composite resin material.
- After the tooth is filled, the composite resin is shaped to resemble a real tooth.
We can help you decide whether composite resin fillings are right for you. Composite resin does not only restores your teeth but also gives a natural-look.
Decrease Your Risk of Cavities
You can decrease your risk of cavities and other dental diseases by:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day
- Flossing daily
- Keeping up with regular professional cleanings
- Avoid eating or drinking acidic or sugary foods and beverages
We expertly use CAD/CAM technology to make high quality dental restorations in one patient visit. This system allows us to make precise restorations that look great, fit perfectly and can last for many years. Learn more about this technology by visiting Same Day Dentistry. For expert dental care, give us a call and schedule an appointment. Reach out to our office by calling 248-354-1555 at your earliest convenience!